WATCH THE 2015 HAMPTON HEAT
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
Friday – July 19, 2019
2:00PM – 9:00PM Sign-in at front office and gates open for LMSC only. All transporters will enter through pit gate 4 and enter the infield
through turn 2. Track officials will there to assist you.
- Transporters will be staged on the back stretch
- Tractor trailer transporters to the high side – Transporters with regular enclosed trailers to the low side
- Parking will start at the entrance to pit road in turn 4 and parking will be as you enter the track
- If you would like to park beside another team you must be in line together
3:30PM – 3:45PM Crew chief meeting at the start finish line on pit road to cover the afternoon/evening events.
4:00PM – 8:30PM LMSC open practice. We will start with and maintain 12 cars on the track at a time. There will be a 5-minute break every
30 minutes to clear the gates.
8:30PM – 9:00PM All teams must start clearing out of the infield to allow track crews to complete their work in preparation for the Hampton
Saturday – July 20, 2019
11:00AM Gates open for LMSC only. All teams will mount their qualifying tires. These tires will remain in the tire impound area. Once all
qualifying tires are mounted practice tire may be mounted
11:15AM – 2:00PM Inspection line will be open for:
- Courtesy inspection – Tread width, Wheel Base and Body Templates (Not Mandatory)
- During this time each team must send a representative to draw for qualifying and complete all driver information packages
11:30AM – 12:15PM LMSCMANDITORY driver, crew chief and spotters meeting. Meeting will be in the pavilion VIP area in turn 4
12:00PM Sign-in and gates open for Bandoleros, Legends, Super Trucks, Grand Stocks.
12:30PM – 2:00PM LMSCOpen practice. We will start with and maintain 14 cars on the track at a time. There will be a 5-minute break every 30
minutes to clear the gates and allow all other divisions to cross for tires and fuel.
2:00PM Release LMSCqualifying tires (tires may be purged)
2:10PM – 2:25PM Divisional drivers meeting for Bandoleros, Legends, Super Trucks, Grand Stocks. This meeting will be held at the turn 2 track entrance.
2:35PM – 4:15PM 3 rounds of rotating practice for Bandoleros, Legends, Super Trucks, Grand Stocks. Your 3rd round will be 5 min long and will set
the feature line-up. Teams can adjust on pit road during this time.
3:30PM ALL LMSCWORK IS COMPLETE AND CARS MUST BACKED OUT OF THEIR PIT AREA at this time and proceed to the technical
inspection building. All cars will qualify race ready. All cars will mount qualifying tires in their respective pit area. Maximum air
pressure in the tech line is 20lbs in the left side tires and 30lbs in the right-side tires. Air pressure can be adjusted on the qualifying
line. (Air can be let out only)
4:30PM LMSCqualifying begins (three laps – 1scuff lap then green-white-checkered). All cars will be impounded in your pit stall backed in
at a 45-degree angle and remain on the ground. Once the car is in place no team members or work is allowed at this time.
5:30PM – 6:00PM Remove transporters from the infield.
6:15PM Fan Meet and Greet. LMSCon pit road all others on the front stretch
7:00PM Racing Begins. Race Order:
- Super Trucks
- Grand Stocks
7:15PM – 7:35PM LMSC Final Work Session
9:00PM APPROX 11thAnnual Hampton Heat 200
The Hampton Heat is 200 laps with a 6-tire rule (4 for qualifying/Start and up to 2 during the event to be used at any time. All 6 tires must have been purchased and recorded by the tire officials at the track July 19thor 20th. The 2 extra tires must be scuffs. No sticker tires.
There will be a 6 Lap controlled caution at lap 100 with a double file restart no cone for this restart. These caution laps will not count. During this caution TEAMS will have the opportunity to make any adjustment/changes. The laps in all other cautions will also not count but the CONE will be in effect for all caution except the lap 100 controlled caution.
Lap 100 Controlled Caution Guidelines Once Pit Road Is Open
- TEAMS will choose to pit or stay on the track
- TEAMS that stay on the track will determine the new line-up as they are on the track
- TEAMS that pit will be realigned as they entered pit road behind lead lap cars on the track
- TEAMS cannot lose laps or positions on pit road while under this caution
- If you are the reason for the caution or enter the pits before the pits are open you must line up at the end of the longest line
*Subject To Change*