2020 HAMPTON HEAT ENTRY BLANK
race day schedule
Friday – July 17, 2020
2:00PM – 9:00PM
Sign-in at front office and gates open for LMSC only. All transporters will enter through pit gate 4 and enter the infield through turn 2. Track officials will there to assist you.
- Transporters will be staged on the back stretch
- Tractor trailer transporters to the high side – Transporters with regular enclosed trailers to the low side
- Parking will start at the entrance to pit road in turn 4 and parking will be as you enter the track
- If you would like to park beside another team you must be in line together
3:30PM – 3:45PM
Crew chief meeting at the start finish line on pit road to cover the afternoon/evening events.
4:00PM – 8:30PM
LMSC open practice. We will start with and maintain 12 cars on the track at a time. There will be a 5-minute break every 30 minutes to clear the gates.
8:30PM – 9:00PM
All teams must start clearing out of the infield to allow track crews to complete their work in preparation for the Hampton Heat activities.
Saturday – July 18, 2020
Gates open for LMSC only. All teams will mount their qualifying tires. These tires will remain in the tire impound area. Once all qualifying tires are mounted practice tire may be mounted
11:15AM – 2:00PM
Inspection line will be open for:
- Courtesy inspection – Tread width, Wheel Base and Body Templates (Not Mandatory)
- During this time each team must send a representative to draw for qualifying and complete all driver information packages
11:30AM – 12:15PM
MANDATORY LMSC driver, crew chief and spotters meeting. Meeting will be in the pavilion VIP area in turn 4
Sign-in and gates open for Pro Six, Super Trucks, and Super Streets.
12:30PM – 2:00PM
LMSC Open practice. We will start with and maintain 14 cars on the track at a time. There will be a 5-minute break every 30
minutes to clear the gates and allow all other divisions to cross for tires and fuel.
Release LMSC qualifying tires (tires may be purged)
2:10PM – 2:25PM
Divisional drivers meeting for Pro Six, Super Trucks, and Super Streets. This meeting will be held at the turn 2 track entrance.
2:35PM – 4:15PM
3 rounds of rotating practice for Pro Six, Super Trucks, and Super Streets. Your 3rd round will be 5 min long and will set the feature line-up. Teams can adjust on pit road during this time.
ALL LMSC WORK IS COMPLETE AND CARS MUST BACKED OUT OF THEIR PIT AREA at this time and proceed to the technical inspection building. All cars will qualify race ready. All cars will mount qualifying tires in their respective pit area. Maximum air pressure in the tech line is 20lbs in the left side tires and 30lbs in the right-side tires. Air pressure can be adjusted on the qualifying line. (Air can be let out only)
LMSC qualifying begins (three laps – 1scuff lap then green-white-checkered). All cars will be impounded in your pit stall backed in at a 45-degree angle and remain on the ground. Once the car is in place no team members or work is allowed at this time.
5:30PM – 6:00PM
Remove transporters from the infield.
Pre race ceremonies
Racing Begins. Race Order:
- Riverside Paper Pro Six (30 Laps)
- Harris Truck Shop Super Trucks (25 Laps)
- Old Skool Video Games Super Streets (50 Laps)
7:15PM – 7:45PM
LMSC Final Work Session
12thAnnual Hampton Heat 200
The Hampton Heat is 200 laps and caution laps will not count. This is a 6 tire race (4 for qualifying/Start and up to 2 during the event to be used at any time. All 6 tires must have been purchased and recorded by the tire officials at the track July 17th or 18th. The 2 extra tires must be scuffs no sticker tires. Each team will also check in 4 tires no more than 4/32 for emergency use if you have a flat on the rim emergency.
There will be a 6 Lap controlled caution at lap 100 with a double file restart no cone for this restart. During this caution TEAMS will have the opportunity to make any adjustment/changes. The laps in all other cautions will also not count and the CONE will be in effect. All cautions after lap 100 will also be controlled but will not be a designated amount of laps and if you pit you are not eligible for the CONE as normal race procedures
Lap 100 Controlled Caution Guidelines Once Pit Road Is Open
- TEAMS will choose to pit or stay on the track
- TEAMS that stay on the track will determine the new line-up as they are on the track
- TEAMS that pit will be realigned as they entered pit road behind lead lap cars on the track
- TEAMS cannot lose laps or positions on pit road while under this caution
- If you are the reason for the caution or enter the pits before the pits are open you must line up at the end of the longest line