Changes/Updates are highlighted in RED
Rules can an be amended by Langely Speedway Staff
1. APPLICABILITY: The Langley Speedway Rules Section applies to each Langley Speedway competitor. Some items, obviously, do no apply to each class, you can easily determine which rules do not apply to you (if any). You are expected to know the rules, ignorance will not be tolerated as an excuse.
2. INTERPRETATION AND APPLICATION: If there is a disagreement or dispute
regarding the meaning or application of the Langley Speedway Rules, the interpretation and application by the Langley Speedway Officials at the track shall prevail.
3. FINALITY OF INTERPRETATION AND APPLICATION: The interpretation and application the Langley Speedway Rules by the Langley Speedway Officials shall be final and non-appealable. In order to promote automobile/truck racing, to achieve prompt finality in competition results, and in consideration of receiving numerous benefits available to them. All member, including, competitors and officials, expressly agree that determinations by Langley Speedway rules are non-litigable and they covenant that they will not initiate or Langley Speedway or anyone acting on behalf of Langley Speedway, to reverse or modify such determinations or to recover damages or to seek any other kind of relief allegedly incurred or required as a result of such determination, unless the Langley Speedway officials made such determinations for no purpose other than a bad-faith intent to harm or cause economic loss to the member, competitor or official. If a member, competitor or official initiates or maintains litigation in violation of this covenant, that member competitor or official agrees to reimburse Langley Speedway for the cost of such litigation, including attorneys' fees, member, competitor or official further covenants that in any litigation brought against Langley Speedway for any reason, the matter will be tried before a judge of competent jurisdiction and hereby waives any right to trail by jury in such action.
4. SPECIAL RULES: Special rules may be made by the Langley Speedway Officials for an event due to extraordinary conditions. Such special rules shall apply to the conduct of that event if they are published or announced prior to the commencement of the event by means of a bulletin, newsletter, telephone fax or pre-race meeting.
5. PROPERTY: Langley Speedway is private property. Any person on this property without the permission of Langley Speedway owners or management is guilty of trespassing and subject to the penalties prescribed by law. Through your license and registration, you have been given the authority and the right to be on this property, in conjunction with racing activities. However, the Administration of Langley Speedway reserved the right to revoke and cancel this authority at any time that it is felt that your presence or conduct is no in the best interests of the sport of auto racing, your fellow competitors, the fans, management and employees of Langley Speedway.
6. EVENT: Any event is completed when over 50% of the scheduled length has been ran by the leader or terminated by the Officials for safety reasons.
7. RACE SURFACE: Ever driver should inspect the racing surface and race track area to learn of any defects, obstructions, or anything which, in his opinion, is unsafe and he shall report that condition to the Competition Director. Any driver entering any race event is considered to have inspected the track and all conditions are satisfactory to him/her. If not, HE/SHE should not race. This further indicated that he/she is aware that auto racing involves risks and he/she assumes these risks with full awareness and knowledge.
8. DAMAGE OR LOSS: Langley Speedway assumes no responsibility for damage or loss of your equipment, vehicle or any parts by any means whatsoever.
9. PROTESTS: All protests as to the finishing position in any race must be made within 15 minutes after the checker flag is displayed signifying the completion of the race. The protest must be made in writing by the driver or if the driver is still on the racing surface, his/her crew chief or owner of the car/truck may proceeds with the protest.
Each separate protest, other than specified below, shall be accompanied by $300.00 protest fee. Separate protest that involves the removal of the cylinder head from the engine shall be accompanied by a $500.00 protest fee and a separate protest that involves the removal of the crankshaft from the engine shall be accompanied by a $1,000.00 protest fee. Also, a separate protest fee that involves the removal of a piston and/or connecting rod from the engine shall be accompanied by a $750.00 protest fee. All protest fees must be cash only.
Technical Director shall decide whether the matter is subject to protest, and if so shall decide the protest as promptly as possible, and shall inform the parties to the protest of the decision.
Technical Director may decline to accept a protest, even if the matter were otherwise subject to protest, if the Official determines that the alleged rule violation is so unsubstantial as to not provide the Competitor with a significant competitive advantage over other Competitors.
Any decision made by the Technical Director regarding the protest is final; non-appeal able and non-litigate. Once the decision of the protest has been made, such actions may include, but not limited to, revising the official race results, imposing penalties (disqualifications, suspension, or fines and/or of finishing position(s) in the race) awarding or subtracting points, or taking no action.
A scoring decision matter is not subject to protest it is final and non-appeal able.
10. INSPECTION: A competitor must take whatever steps are required, including tear down of the car/truck, as requested by a Langley Speedway Official to facilitate inspection of the car/truck. All cars are subject to inspection by an official at any time and in any manner determined by the Officials. ALL decisions by the officials regarding the timing and manner of inspection as well as which cars will be inspected are final, non-appealable and non-review able.
11. PENALTIES: Penalties for violation of rules may include, but are not limited to, disqualification, suspension of membership, fines and/or loss of points. A suspension may be for the rest of the season or limited to a certain period of time. ALL fines assessed will be paid into the Langley Speedway Divisional Point Fund. The driver is responsible for his or hers race team members including unpaid fines. Unpaid fines for crew members may be deducted from drivers purse or point fund monies. Any driver who intentionally causes a caution condition by stopping or spinning out or any other action is subject to a fine and/or lap or time penalty.
12. Any driver who does not attend the mandatory driver's meeting will not be eligible to qualify and must start at the rear of the field for their respective division, unless prior notification is given to the Chief Scorer and/or Race Director.