Changes/Updates are highlighted in RED
Rules can be amended by Langely Speedway Staff
1. Upon admittance to the pit area, you must conduct yourself in a manner no detrimental to stock car racing. Profanity in front of race fans, Officials, management, and profane signals on cars, etc... will not be tolerated and may be subject to suspension and/or fine. UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT AND/OR DETRIMENTAL TO THE SPORT OF AUTO RACING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
2. General appearance of pit crews must be neat, clean looking, or they will not be welcome in the pit area.
3. NO driver may stop his or her car on the track to argue or discuss the race with the starter or Officials. Violation may subject you to disqualification from the event or suspension, or fine according to the decision of the Officials.
4. Verbal or physical abuse of an Official, such as improper language, striking an Official etc., will result in immediate and indefinite suspension.
5. FIGHTING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. All drivers are held responsible for the conduct of their crew members and will be dealt with accordingly by the Officials. Anyone going to another drivers pit area or car/truck may face suspension.
6. The press box is off limits to all participants at all times unless permission is given by the Chief Steward for you to be there.
7. Any driver who, in the judgement of the Officials, engage in rough driving,..... deliberately running into, blocking, or swerving in front of another car.... may be subject to suspension. Any car intentionally blocking the track will be barred permanently (owner and driver).
SUBSTANCE ABUSE POLICY
Policy regarding use of and /or possession of illegal substances at Langley Speedway are as follows:
1. ILLEGAL DRUGS, DEFINITION: Illegal drugs are those substances defined and prohibited by local, state, and /or federal laws.
2. GENERAL PROHIBITION: Possession or use of illegal drugs or drug substances, as defined above, is prohibited in any form, by any participant at Langley Speedway, either on the Speedway ground, or in any area considered to be used in the operation of the Speedway, including but not limited to parking lots, office areas, and/or any and all Langley Speedway property.
3. VIOLATIONS AND PENALTIES: Any person found to be in possession of or under the influence of an illegal drug or drug substance on Langley Speedway property, as defined above, or any person who is arrested by duly-constituted authorities and charged with possession and/or use of illegal drugs or drug substance, or any person who is formally charged by a court of law with illegal drug violations,
SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING PENALTIES BY Langley Speedway:
A. Suspension from competition and eviction from Langley Speedway property and denial of further entry to the Speedway for a period of time to be determined by Officials.
B. Any participant who is formally charged by a court of law with illegal drug violation, upon notification to Langley Speedway by the agency, shall be suspended from all forms of participation at Langley Speedway until such times as the charges are fully adjudicate through the legal process. Any participant convicted of a formal drug charge by such process of law will be prohibited from taking part in any Langley Speedway events for a minimum period of one year from date of conviction.
4. APPEAL AND HEARING: Any participant suspended for violation of these rules may be granted an appeal hearing by a board of Officials designated by Langley Speedway provided the suspended participant requests such a hearing, in writing, within 14 calendar days or the date of suspension. It is the responsibility of the suspended party to make such a request if a hearing is desired.